About the job
GDPR/Data Protection Specialist – UK remote - £40,000 - £55,000 + Excellent benefits!
Locke & McCloud are looking for an experienced GDPR/Data Protection Specialist to join our client who is growing their Data Protection & Legal team. As a GDPR/Data Protection Specialist, you will focus on ensuring our client complies with data protection laws and regulations, safeguarding the privacy and security of our clients' data. You will work closely with various teams to implement and maintain effective data protection measures and practices.
• Stay updated on GDPR and other relevant data protection regulations, assess their impact on the organization, and develop and maintain a comprehensive GDPR compliance program.
• Identify and document all data processing activities within the organization, including data flows, data sources, and purposes for data processing.
• Conduct PIAs to evaluate and mitigate the privacy risks associated with new projects, products, or services.
• Manage and facilitate data subject access requests, deletion requests, and other requests in accordance with GDPR requirements.
• Collaborate with the IT and cybersecurity teams to ensure the implementation of robust data security measures, including encryption, access controls, and regular security assessments.
• Develop and maintain an incident response plan for data breaches, ensuring prompt reporting to the appropriate authorities and affected individuals when necessary.
• Assess the data protection practices of third-party vendors and service providers and ensure they comply with GDPR requirements.
• Regularly audit data processing activities and assess compliance with GDPR, taking corrective actions when necessary.
• Conduct DPIAs for high-risk data processing activities and ensure appropriate mitigations are in place.
To be considered for this role, you should have::
• Proven experience in GDPR compliance and data protection.
• Strong knowledge of data protection laws and regulations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to data privacy.
Our client offers an attractive benefits package including a generous pension scheme, training and development schemes, 30 days of annual leave, financial support, flexible working hours, remote and hybrid working options, and more!