Service Desk Manager – UK remote - £40,000 - £55,000 + Excellent benefits!
Locke & McCloud is looking for an experienced Service Desk Manager to lead and manage our clients established service desk team. As the Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of IT support services to our clients internal and external customers, ensuring that incidents and requests are handled in a timely and professional manner, and that customer satisfaction is maintained at a high level.
If you’re looking for a role will allow you to manage, lead, and grow an established service desk team in a thriving and reputable organisation, then please read below:
• Manage and lead the service desk team, including hiring, training, coaching, and performance management.
• Ensure that the service desk team provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, meeting or exceeding established service level agreements (SLAs).
• Develop and maintain service desk policies, procedures, and standards, ensuring they are consistent with best practices and industry standards.
• Identify areas for improvement in service delivery and implement continuous service improvement initiatives.
• Manage incident and request workflows, ensuring that incidents are appropriately categorized, prioritized, and resolved within established SLAs.
• Develop and maintain metrics to measure service desk performance, analyzing trends and recommending appropriate action to improve service levels.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the company's applications, systems, and technology infrastructure.
• Coordinate with other IT teams to ensure effective incident and problem management, including root cause analysis and follow-up actions.
• Ensure that service desk staff are trained and equipped to provide technical support to end-users, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Manage vendor relationships, including monitoring vendor performance and ensuring compliance with contract terms.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
• Experience in IT service management, including experience in a management role.
• Strong knowledge of IT service management frameworks such as ITIL and COBIT.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in managing a service desk team in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to manage vendor relationships and monitor vendor performance.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Professional certifications such as ITIL, HDI, or PMP are highly desirable, but not essential.
This role offers excellent work life balance and working options, in addition to an excellent benefits package including 31 days of annual leave, pension scheme, training budgets, cost of living allowance, and much more!