Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer - UK remote - £40,000 - £55,000 + Excellent benefits
Locke & McCloud have partnered with a leading IT Services and Consulting organisation who are growing their engineering team and are looking for a Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining their network infrastructure to ensure optimal performance, security, and availability.
As a Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer, you will work closely with other key stakeholders and collaborating teams to identify and resolve network-related issues, as well as to develop and implement new solutions to enhance their network capabilities.
• Design, implement, and maintain the company's network infrastructure, including switches, routers, firewalls, and other network devices.
• Develop and implement network security protocols to protect the company's data and network resources.
• Collaborate with other IT professionals to identify and resolve network-related issues.
• Plan and execute network-related projects, including network upgrades, migrations, and expansions.
• Monitor and optimize network performance to ensure the highest levels of availability, speed, and reliability.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in network infrastructure to ensure the company's network remains current and competitive.
• Develop and maintain network documentation, including diagrams, policies, and procedures.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to junior network engineers and other IT professionals.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
• Strong experience in network infrastructure engineering position.
• Experience with Cisco/Cisco Meraki network devices, including switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless access points.
• Experience with network security protocols, including firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection systems.
• Experience supporting SD-WAN/WAN/LAN networks.
• Experience in high and low level design creation.
Our client offers a great benefits package including 37 days of annual leave, health care, pension plan, flexible working, guaranteed career progression plans year on year, buy and sell schemes, medical assistance, and more!